Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

So Thursday was Thanksgiving and I cooked ALL day. A huge meal with all the fixings for the five of us. It did seem a little like overkill, but I love all the traditional stuff for Thanksgiving. The turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce, roasted sweet potatoes and for dessert, pecan pie and pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie but only have it at Thanksgiving and Vic only likes pecan pie, so I always make both.

Once we sat down to dinner, Andrew announced that he wasn't going to eat any of it and so I made him a peanut butter sandwich. Gina at least ate the turkey and a roll. Dylan, the least picky of the bunch, ate a little bit of everything. And so we have been eating leftovers all weekend.

Nana and Auntie Alice came to visit on Friday. So the kids have had a fun two days, going to Los Gatos, going shopping, and just running around. After 4 days off of work and school, it is going to be hard to get up on Monday morning.

No comments: